So you want to review my books? That’s great! There are just a few things I need you to know first so you know what you’re getting into. Yes, it seems like a lot, but trust me, it will save us all a lot of frustration down the road.*
Terms and Conditions:
- You must have an Amazon account and a Goodreads account. I would of course love for you to leave reviews in other places, too, but those are the most important ones. You must also know how to send me a link to your reviews. Not to your reviews page, but your actual reviews. Here are the instructions for Amazon, and here are the instructions for Goodreads.
- This is a new requirement – due to concerns about piracy and the fact that I’m going to be footing the upfront costs for my books for the foreseeable future, I will only be sending books directly to peoples’ Kindles for review. Therefore, you must have an Amazon account, and you either need a Kindle or a free Amazon Kindle account. Click here to create your Amazon account if you don’t have one already. Click here to download the Kindle app or go to the app store on your device and search for Kindle.
- Once you’ve done the steps in #2, you must add me as an approved sender. Don’t put in the entire email address, but rather @ceciliadominic.com so my assistant can send out stuff if I’m swamped. If you don’t know how to do that, click here for instructions.
- You must be at least 18 to review my books. As my editor says, I write sensual scenes even if they’re not super hot, and I don’t want to get in trouble with anyone’s parents.
*If you’re already one of my regular reviewers and we’ve corresponded personally several times, I will be more flexible with you.
- In order to be approved to review one of my full-length novels, you must post a review for either Noble Secrets or Always a Bridesmaid on Goodreads and one other site, preferably Amazon (which is the only option for Always a Bridesmaid because it’s in KU). Once you sign up for my review team, you’ll get a link to their Instafreebie pages. Why do I want you to start with those? So you can get a taste of my writing and characters in case you haven’t read anything of mine so far.
- Once you finish your reviews, please send links for the specific reviews to me at cecilia[at]ceciliadominic[dot]com Believe me, I will be SO EXCITED to get them that I will be very tempted to immediately drop what I’m doing and read them, assuming I’m not in session. Also, it means you can then request another book.
- Where should you leave reviews? Anywhere you wish, with Goodreads and Amazon being the best places. I also love for my books to appear on blogs.
- Once I’ve sent you a book, you will have 30 days to leave a review. Otherwise, I won’t be able to send you future books. Yes, I understand life happens. If you’re not able to leave a review in 30 days, please email me and let me know. Extenuating circumstances will be considered case-by-case. Please be aware that you do need to review Noble Secrets or Always a Bridesmaid within 30 days of receiving them as well.
- Regarding the content of reviews, don’t worry, I’m not expecting a book report – how did we all end up being readers after doing so many of those those horrid things? – but I would like at least a sentence that will be helpful to other readers who are deciding whether to purchase the book. Longer reviews are of course welcome, but please don’t retell the story or give spoilers – that defeats the purpose of a review, and it ruins the experience for other readers. As for adding something to the review about having received a free copy in exchange for an honest review, Amazon has been taking down reviews with that phrase, so I will leave it up to your discretion as to whether you use it.
- Above all, please be honest! If you’re on my review team and you don’t like a book, please be specific as to why. I always appreciate feedback. Some kinds just make me drink more than others.
If you still want to be part of my review team, click here for the signup form.